Sunday, December 2, 2007

Great Weekend

We had a great weekend, and I actually feel pretty relaxed today. On Friday, I did my monthly deep cleaning and we put up our Christmas Tree, hence the awful rash all over my hands and arms from the annual allergy in our home, wouldn't be the same without it! This year's tree is much larger than those we've had in the past. The angel comes a quarter inch below the ceiling. I'm still not quite finished decorating, but nearly there.

On Friday evening, we went to JT and Silvana's to meet her friends and parents, which was really nice.

Saturday we decorated the outside of the house all day. It was so awesome to have a house to decorate. It was not anywhere near as annoying as most claim, but I can see how it may be after a few years. Ryan worked his butt off to hang lights from the gutters and windows. I did the bushes, the porch pillars and the window ledges. I actually got on a ladder! The place looks pretty good if I do say so myself. We're hoping to spark a healthy neighborhood competition. I'll post pictures of all the decorations and lights once I download them from my camera.

On Saturday evening we went to Ryan's work Christmas party which was fun as usual. There weren't as many people as past years, particularly from Ryan's team, but Connie and Jelani were there since Jelani works for Ryan's company now, so the conversation was interesting at least.

Yesterday we parted ways so that Ryan could hang out with Rob for the day in DC and I could go help create Connie and Jelani's baby-registry with Connie and Sandi. We both had a really relaxing day and we met later in the evening so we could have a bite to eat and watch the first half of the Steeler game (at Glory Days in Reston). Then we headed home to watch the rest of the game. The Steelers didn't look so hot, but they got the job done I suppose. At least the defense was blocking for Ben this week and he even made a pretty cool touchdown (ahhh...Big Ben!). Willie Parker needed a break (3-5 fumbles - I lost count, 2 right in a row). They better step up their game next week and hope for a healthy Polamalu if they don't want to be embarrassed by New England. I have faith though!

I can't wait until next weekend - Friday I'm off to go shopping with my grandma, Saturday is shopping with the girlie's at Tyson's, and the Steelers' big game is on Sunday! Ahhh...the holidays!

No comments: