Although we're in the same office, just steps away from one another, my co-workers and I often use Google's chat feature to communicate and still get work done at the same time ;-)
This afternoon, I had one of the most entertaining chats I've ever been engaged in with a friend at work. I saved the transcript and posted it below (removing her name and other identifying info) because it was so entertaining.
I think it seriously could've been a sitcom episode:
Her: i just had to entertain a guy for an hour - literally entertain!!
Me: huh? like singing and dancing for him?
Her: no...like i was twiddling my thumbs and he sat here in my office like..i had no idea what to talk about he was here to meet (her boss) and (her boss) was in another meeting
Me: so what did you do with him for an hour?
Her: i gave him a review book and he sat here looking through it. Then i popped a jawbreaker in my mouth without thinking and next thing you know, i have this huge ball in my cheek
Me: LOL, and you couldn't bite it? (she has something similar to lock jaw)
Her: no!! it was a jaw breaker!!! i couldn't chew it and to top it....it was a fireball so it was one of those hot jaw breakers and saliva was flowing in my mouth
Me: ha!!!!!
Her: i was dying....i must've sounded like a complete airhead
Me: were you making clicking sounds trying to move it around in your mouth and slurping to keep the saliva from running down your chin?
Her: YES!!! OMG how embarrassing
Me: it's pretty darn funny though
Her: moving it side to side and then trying to float it in my mouth because it was so hot
Me: did you have to talk during this episode?
Her: YES!!! him: "so what does (her subgroup) do"? me: click click slurp......well......click click slurp.....we.......seriously, that's what it sounded like
Me: you're killing me!
Her: had to be the worst....all i can say is "thanks (boss)" ha-ha!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Why I Love Google Chat...
Posted by
Erin
at
7:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment