Sunday, May 4, 2008

Decisions Finally Made Easy

Much of the baby furniture we like is too expensive to purchase. So Ryan and I had chosen less expensive pieces that were cute and functional, but would likely need to be replaced in a couple of years. But I asked my dad if he'd make the baby's bed because it is difficult to find for such a simple structure and is very expensive for what you get (because as most of you know, we aren't getting a crib, but are using a Montessori floor bed). When he said he would make the bed, he also said he'd make the rest of the baby's furniture, which was SO exciting! Now we can have the same cute style that I like and it'll be very sturdy...not to mention our baby girl will have homemade furniture that her pappy made. (sniff, sniff!)

So my dad visited for the past week and started the furniture. He designed it all from scratch, using a combination of some pictures of furniture I found and liked. He finished the bed frame, which you can see below (no, I'm not putting our newborn on the floor, she'll be in a bassinet for a little while). He still has some finishing work to do on the book shelves and the dresser, so I'll save those photos for comparison later. My dad is going to come back down so he and Ryan can work on it in a few weeks. I'm so excited to see the finished products...and the finished room that Ryan is still diligently working on. I'll be sure to share the pictures when it is all finished.

Crib Mattress Sized, Montessori Floor Bed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that bed! It is beautiful and functional...it makes my Montessori heart happy. ;)