Saturday, August 1, 2009

11 (and a half) months old

I know this post is a little late, but we've been so busy lately and I wanted to wait a little extra time this month so that I could do something different for next month. I had to get this one in though, before I forget everything Gracie has done in the six weeks.

Gracie's most noteable accomplishment is that she started walking! She took her first steps at 10 months and 3 weeks. Since then, she has really taken off. She is now taking 5-10 steps at a time. She is already starting to be able to carry things when she walks. She is also now able to stand from a sitting position without holding on to anything.

She has been focusing on walking pretty much all the time, but we have also noticed her humming familiar songs or rhymes from books the way we do. And she is saying (or trying to say) a few more words and phrases. She said "no night-night" the other day, which was irritating but cool.

There are many new and exciting things happening with her, not all of which I can recall details of right now, but all are equally awesome and important ;-)

Over the next month and moving forward, we will be working on weening and getting rid of the bottle. So far, my efforts have not only been rejected but the opposite seems to be happening. Gracie was losing interest and now seems to be ultra interested. So, we'll keep working on it and trying to get her to drink anything other than water.

No comments: