Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Keck! I ate a bug," she said

We finally got bikes yesterday. We've been wanting them for years, and finally bought them just in time to take them to New England on vacation with us. Now the training begins...I'm sure you've all noticed I seem to have misplaced my in-shape over the past few years and I do want to get it back, so I'm trying and hoping the bike will help. Ryan is always in shape and on a bad day has ten times more energy than I ever do. This evening we set out for our first real bike ride and he almost killed me. Not really, it was very fun, but talk about pushing it...holy cow! No breaking them in, no leisurely rides. We set out on the local trails for over an hour, but it felt like eight! We ventured through neighborhoods, woods, bushes (literally), up hills and even steps, across a stream...all over south Reston. It was fun and I can't wait to go again, but my legs will barely hold me up now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll come ride with you guys. Maybe to a winery. I have an air pump that is totally pumped.

Erin said...

Cool - we're up for it! We have a bike rack that holds three bikes too, so we can go anywhere!