Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Trashy TV - My Favorite!

I don't like to get too involved in television. Ryan and I usually have one show that we watch together, and I find one other he's not so interested in. It seems, however, that every show we like gets cancelled. A few years ago it was the Apprentice (just too repetitive now), two years ago it was Joey and last season it was Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Our absolute favorite show is Rescue Me, but it is only on in the summer.

I'm now without a show to watch faithfully. I hesitate to search for one because it'll likely get cancelled when I decide it is a favorite. I'm not too set on reality TV, but there are not many choices available. I'm not imaginative enough to stomach sci-fi stuff and game shows are only fun for a week or two. Whatever happened to all the great sitcoms?

Last night I watched The Bachelor. I always enjoy it in the beginning and then I get bored with the girlie drama. But I do like this season's leading man, Brad Womack. He's 34, a successful entrepreneur from Austin, and determined to find a "soul mate," which is doubtful, but you never know (I do like DeAnna so I have someone to route for, until she turns into the back stabber on the show). He's a cutie and a half, and is as genuine as one who chooses to participate in a reality dating show could be on TV. I'm sure it'll get too ridiculous and trashy in a few weeks and I'll lose interest.

Here's my pathetic potential line up of shows I'll likely catch every now and again (all of them are on ABC):

The Nanny - Monday @ 9 - don't make fun, this is a great show!
The Bachelor - Monday @ 10
According to Jim - Wednesday @ 8
Big Shots - Thursday @ 10 - only new one I'm remotely interested in so far

So, I'm asking for your advice...any great shows that you know of? I want a favorite, one I can watch every week - you know, something to look forward to vegging out to. Be careful sharing, because it is likely if I start watching it, it won't last!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heroes - NBC (Monday)
Boston Legal - ABC (Tuesday)
It's Always Sunny in Philly - FX (Thursday)

Be like Nike and Just Do it!

Anonymous said...

I second Heroes. Also catch Damages or Rescue me on FX. And who doesn't watch The Office?