Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ok...but this is ridiculous!

I just had to post this for the record....

It really is only 5:30am.

Anyone who knows me, even a little bit, knows that I'm not a morning person. Not in the last 28 (and exactly 1/2) years, have I ever voluntarily got out of bed and felt like doing anything. However, it has not been uncommon for me to wake up several times in the night for the past month or two. But this morning is a little different.

As I laid awake for the last hour, I tried to go back to sleep, entertain myself with a movie that was half over, and even woke Ryan and asked him to rub my back. But the longer I laid there, the more compelling my urge to get up and do something. I thought of finishing the wash, putting the few dishes we left in the sink into the dishwasher, dusting, running the vacuum, watering the freaking garden (which I don't even do - Ryan does). Oh, and my stomach is growling like never before. It sounds like I haven't eaten in three days.

The weird thing is, my dad keeps telling me that the day before I was born, my mom cleaned the entire house, even scrubbed the walls. I can't help but wonder what time she started this cleaning spree. Well, I don't scrub walls...I barely have the energy to dust most weeks. But suddenly this morning, I probably would. So I can't help but wonder why all this energy and random desire to clean or complete something? Am I preparing for something? If so...great...but can I have a warning so I can try to take a nap first?

UPDATE: 7:35pm - By the time Ryan woke up this morning, I had finished the laundry, and was nearly finished cleaning the basement and the main floor. We had some breakfast and went to the Farmer's Market. Then, I was pooped! I took a nap all afternoon and feel great again. I need to dust and clean the bathroom upstairs and then I'm not sure what is left to do this weekend but have a baby...

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Sounds like you're nesting: my mom cleaned our entire kitchen (mean took things out of cabinets and scrubbed inside the cabinets) all while preparing meals for us the day she went into labor with my little brother. Today or tomorrow!!! (i'm guessing)

Anonymous said...

Nesting!! Hope that means labor is right around the corner for you!
-Lori

Unknown said...

Keep up the energy! You are likely to need it for the next 18 years!

Oh, do you want to clean my house?

Wes and Leslie said...

She'll be here before you know it! Good luck with everything. Remember, even if the labor doesn't go according to your plans (ie. needing a c-section) as long as the end result is a healthy baby, it's perfect!
Les