I continued my day of relaxation today. I slept in late, laid on the couch and watched a movie, and then I ventured out to Great Falls Park to do a little hiking and take more photos. The park reminds me so much of home. It was great to walk around through the woods, near the river and just hang out. That's exactly how I spent most of my summers through high school and college, at Ohiopyle, Jumonville, and other various locations where I could go hiking and just hang out. It was a really nice afternoon. I want to do more of these laid back things instead of running around all the time like I currently do. I miss it! I wanted to stay for sundown to get more pictures, but I started to get hungry. So I left earlier than planned and came home for a quiet dinner alone. Thank goodness Ryan's on his way back. I haven't spoken to anyone in over 24 hours, and it is driving me crazy!
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Great Falls Park
Posted by
Erin
at
8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No shit! I am going to Great Falls this weekend to scope it out and see if I can't get some good pictures out of this damn camcorder.
Anyway, that's cool! Can't wait to go back to Ohiopyle this summer maybe?
I loved it there. I don't know what the Maryland side is like, but I honestly think the Virginia side has better views from what I could see. The Maryland side had some cool bridges that I could see. If you feel like hiking, it is nice, but 90% of the trails are 2 hours round trip, I didn't have that much time.
It was really nice, the Potomac River is obviously bigger than the Youghiogheny River at Ohiopyle, but the trails at Ohiopyle are just as good, as are the views (I may argue that they are better because there are more trails at a variety of levels and you can get closer to the water at Ohiopyle. There are more actvities to participate in at Ohiopyle too (natural waterslides, swimming in the river, jumping off the bridges, visiting the bars, hiking and biking, etc.) But Great Falls Park is the closest I've seen to Ohiopyle around here and I'll take it!
I didn't know you liked Ohiopyle that much...I'm game if I'm invited :-) This time I want to spend more time doing activities though, but you don't have to come along. :-)
Post a Comment