Last night when I got home form work, I was expecting not to do much as Ryan's been studying tirelessly for the wine test he is taking next week. But, to my surprise, he wanted to do something, so we looked up the Friday Night Live concerts that they have in Herndon to see what was happening. There was nothing scheduled due to the Herndon Festival (which we had never heard of). So, we decided to go check that out instead, kind of expecting a family atmosphere or one for teenie boppers. But this festival had something for everyone.
We had a blast, stopping first at some booths selling random crafty things, then on the the beer tent. We took our drinks to the nearby stage, where a Rolling Stones tribute band was playing...kind of funny, but it was fun people-watching. Then we headed over to another stage, the Josh Kelley stage. Neither of us had ever heard of Josh Kelley, but instantly liked his music. So we sat on the grass for the next few hours, only briefly leaving to grab another brew and a funnel cake. Turns out, Josh Kelley actually has at least one very popular song, Amazing. He put on a down to earth, fun, kind of quirky show...and we found a new favorite band! I even bought one of his CDs, which I rarely do. I think he's right up there on my list with GBS and The Clarks.
We are off to Vintage Virginia...the huge wine and food festival at Bull Run. More on that later...
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Herndon Festival, Unexpected Fun!
Posted by
Erin
at
10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment