It's been almost two weeks since I've updates the blog...not because I've nothing to talk about, but because I've been lazy and a little busy too. We've seen two movies (Charlie Wilson's War - which I give 4 1/2 stars and There Will be Blood, which is worthy of about 4 stars on my scale), I've had my third photography course, Ryan held a wine tasting, and we attended a super-cool Korean event.
Since most of those events are self-explanatory, I'll focus briefly on the Korean event. One of Ryan's accounts held a huge 25th year celebration on Tuesday, and they invited us to attend. They spoke only in Korean and translated into Spanish on a large screen. It was a fantastic party, despite not having a clue what was happening. Everyone was so excited, that we couldn't help but get excited about their enthusiasm (I suppose due to the success of the company for the past 25 years). We ate a nice dinner, much of which I couldn't eat because no one could tell me if it had shellfish in it or not. So I ate lots of rice balls, but mmm...were they yummy! If you've never had rice balls, you should find a Korean event to attend because they are delicious. We accidentally took the Employee Oath by raising our hand when everyone else did, which was pretty funny. They played 2001 Space Odyssey and Hail to the Queen during the formal presentations, which was pretty cool (and a little funny) too. The speeches were the most motivating I've ever heard, and I couldn't understand even one word of them. I'm so glad we were invited to take part in the event because I've never experienced anything like it, and I've never seen anyone so happy about their success. I was happy for them and flattered to be a guest!
That sums up the not-so-boring stuff we've been up to over the past week and a half. So, now that you're all caught up, I'll try harder to keep up.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Time for an Update
Posted by
Erin
at
9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What about the Soju bombing raids? OMG, I swear I will get Ryan to try that with me!
I am going to see Rambo this weekend. I'll let y'all know what I think.
Post a Comment