Ryan and I woke up very early this morning, excited to cast our Presidental primary vote before work. During the 2004 Presidental elections, we waited over an hour to vote (in November). So we got there shortly after the polls opened (6am) so I wouldn't be late for work. To our surprise, there were only about 8 people (including workers) there! Also very surprising, they ask you what party you're voting for and give you a red or blue card to hand to the person to set up the machine, before you can go to the booth. I didn't want to tell them what party, for fear they'd wipe out my vote or something, but of course I complied.

Because I had a lot of extra time to spare, we went to Starbucks for some coffee and chatted about politics. There were many other people there who had the "I Voted" stickers on...good day for Starbucks! I should get up that early more often - it was a great start to my day! Nothing goes better with exercising your American rights than coffee!
Get out there and VOTE, if you haven't already!!!
1 comment:
I did get to vote, barely. It took my 4+ hours to get from your house to the polling station in Gaithersburg. I got there about 7:45 with 15 minutes to go. No one was there, so I breezed through. When I got home and put the news on, I learned that they extended the MD primary by 1.5 hours. So, in the end, I got it done and I am very happy with the results.
Post a Comment