This evening, Ryan and I took our first bike ride of the season. I wasn't sure I could do it. I started out slow and a little nervous and ended very slow, but the majority of the ride was enjoyable. I need to learn what my limit is so I can be closer to home when I reach that point.
The Reston Association is working on a stream renovation project. We rode through some areas where they have finished the renovations. I felt like I was in the movie Fern Gully...we saw a crane, a blue jay and many other birds I couldn't quickly identify. We can't wait until they finish the renovation in our back yard in May or June to see what the running water may bring to our area (and hopefully it will get rid of some of the mosquitoes). All along the trails it is just gorgeous! Ryan even commented that he felt like we were on vacation. It was that relaxing. We took it easy, riding a total of about 3-4 miles. I can't wait to do it again soon!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Bikes are Back
Posted by
Erin
at
9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment