Where have we been for the past few weeks? Well, here's a short recap:
June 13th Weekend - (No pictures? I don't know what I was thinking)
It was our last out-of-town trip before Gracie is born, and we spent it in Uniontown seeing family and celebrating Father's Day. It was a whirlwind trip as usual, but we got to see just about everyone.
June 20th Weekend - (I can't believe I didn't take one picture. I may have to steal some from Theresia :-)
Rory came to visit on Friday and we had dinner with he and Robert and Theresia. It was a nice evening, and good to have company after a long stretch of no visitors.
On Saturday, my Aunt Mary came to visit from NY for a little impromptu trip that should've been about 4 hours took her more like 7 and a half. We met up with the Gibbens boys and Theresia for dinner in Old Town Alexandria. Shortly after, we headed to our trusty old Irish bar for some music. It was a great time!
June 27th Weekend -
Ryan spent a great deal of time on the baby's furniture, getting it ready to be moved up to the nursery...it looks great, and is just about finished now.
Saturday evening we took a break and headed into the city for a little romantic walk around the monuments (and I was also craving a little photography time). We headed to the Capitol first, since we've never actually walked up to it. I had an opportunity to take some pretty cool pictures. It rained cats and dogs as soon as we got back to the car, so I didn't get to photograph anything else, but after I got completely soaked running from the car to a bathroom (seriously, I've never been so wet while completely clothed in my life), we completed a wonderful evening by driving around looking at an Embassy or two, getting a little lost on a gorgeous back road, finally finding our way to Georgetown and enjoying a late night coffee and ice cream...hmmmm...what a great evening!
July 4th Weekend -
On Thursday, we headed down to Annapolis for an overnighter to hang out and relax a bit. It was a much-needed break. We had such a great time. I wish we could do that a lot more often. We just walked around, without a plan, stopped and had cold drinks whenever we felt like it, and ate whenever we wanted.
On Saturday, our friends Connie and Jelani brought their new little one, Aliana, over to let us borrow their carpet scrubber and help Ryan finish up Gracie's furniture. Connie and I worked a bit and played with Aliana while the guys did their thing. Three of the four pieces of furniture are now where they belong. Thanks for the help guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment