Gracie had a very busy weekend. She is staying awake a lot more and is very busy learning all about the world. On Saturday she decided to display three new skills:
- When laying on her belly she pushes herself up with her hands and holds herself there. She's been lifting her head since she was born, but her neck is really getting strong now. It's still a little wobbly, but amazingly steady for a not even six week old.
- She began cooing and babbling, conversation style...we talk, then she "talks" back
- My favorite...she smiles in response to some things we say or do. It's not yet a consistent response, but it is on purpose. I tested it to see if it was a fluke or due to gas, but I don't think so.
Grace also rolls from her tummy to her back. I can't believe how strong she is. She did this a few times when she was about 2 weeks old, but now she does it often and on purpose when she's done with tummy time.
Here are a few new pictures...she's getting so big already. She weighs about 12 pounds and is already wearing 3-6 month clothes...she's not even 6 weeks! Can't I keep her a baby forever? It is exciting to watch her grow and learn all these new skills though. I just hope she stays as cuddly as she is now. Ryan and I both love our cuddle time with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment