We've been anxiously waiting two weeks since her last doctor's appointment, to see if Gracie is gaining weight as she should. At her last appointment, she was back to her birth weight. She was supposed to gain an ounce a day (putting her at about 10 lbs, 1 oz). We took her to the doctor today for her one month check-up and she weighs 11 lbs exactly!!! We were shocked! I almost cried I was so happy that all our hard work is paying off. This may just work after all. It is strange that something that should be so natural is so exciting.
I'm not sure if I mentioned why I'm so adamant that Gracie have only breast milk for as long as possible until her first birthday...sorry if I'm repeating myself. But if I didn't already explain, it may seem a little strange that I'm making such a big deal about it. I have terrible food allergies that have made me miserable (headaches, stomachaches, hives, asthma attacks, etc.) on a daily basis. I've had to get used to it because I couldn't even tolerate allergy shots and I can't take medicines like benedril because I don't wake up. All the most recent research says that exclusive breastfeeding leads to a significant reduction in the chances of developing food allergies and the research is also promising for other types of allergies. So basically, I'm hoping Gracie won't have as many allergies as I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment