Anyone who knows me...knows me well. I don't hide my feelings or change my personality to fit the situation. While I admit that I do care what others think, I don't care enough to alter who I am or what I believe to fit anyone's expectations. So, if you know me, you know I'm slightly particular about things (neurotic), rather impatient, worry about everything way more than I should, and have an unusual need to avoid change as much as possible. With that said, I think most people who read this blog know I'm not as crazy I just made myself sound and am actually a decent person, who is just now figuring out what happiness really is. You see, I have been doing some soul searching lately, trying very hard to be a more patient and more understanding person and let go of what in my mind is the biggest stuff. I'm beginning to realize that this task is more difficult than I ever imagined, but that it is an achievable goal.
I suppose this story should begin with the fact that Ryan has had a very rough month. I won't go into details, but if anyone has a right to be frustrated, he does. As I continue to learn more and more about him as we follow this path of life, I realize that I'd be a better person if I could follow his lead. He is so patient, kind, understanding and forgiving.
Yesterday, Ryan and I had an eye appointment at 5:15, and in order for me to get there on time from work, we needed to take the HOV lanes, so Ryan took me to work and was supposed to leave the wine tasting he was at in Georgetown to pick me up by 4:30. He called at 4:05 and I thought maybe he was early (woo-hoo)....but he said "the car is getting towed!" Of course I was mad, we weren't going to make our appointment, I may have to wait for him longer at work, and it was my car that was getting towed. Ryan can be slightly absent minded (which drives me crazy) so I assumed he'd either parked where he shouldn't or didn't put enough money in the meter. He took a cab to the towing place, and said he'd call me when he was on his way.
He called me back at about 4:30 and said they wouldn't let him take my car because the person whose name was on the registration had to sign for the car. So, after I fumed a little over the events I now had to particiapte in, I called a cab and headed to DC. Luckily I work just over the 14th Street bridge in Virginia, so it wasn't that far away. The cab driver was from Virginia, and basically had no idea where he was going because there are multiple I Streets, multiple Half Streets, and they intersect where southeast and southwest DC meet. I actually saw Ryan standing in the street, or I wouldn't have ever found the place based on the address.
As I got out of the cab, I wasn't that mad and was just glad to get out of the cab...even if it was in the shadiest part of DC.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Posted by
Erin
at
10:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment