Monday, January 15, 2007

We had a Visitor!

We finally had a visitor this weekend, and it was a perfect weekend to hit the town too! Who'd have guessed it would be around 7o degrees on this holiday weekend. It was very exciting to see a new face around the place too. It has been a very long while since we had to clean the apartment for anyone ;-)

My best friend in whole world, Kristy came down on Saturday evening. Ryan headed up to his brother, Rob's house for the evening and Kristy and I moved on out to Georgetown and had a simple dinner at Mr. Smith's. We were going to stick around there, but many places were closed for private parties, which was very disappointing. I even noticed a Christmas party going on in one restaurant - better late than never? I think they'd have made more money by opening up their outdoor seating this weekend....but who'd have guessed. So we made our way to Adams Morgan, which I wouldn't typically choose, but we were on a manhunt for her, so I thought it may be a good option. As it turns out, I was right...but it was actually a lot more fun than I expected - less clubby and an older crowd in most places (older meaning 30's). We went to the Reef, The Left Bank, some (not-so) Irish bar, and finally to a place that I can't even remember the name of, but they were all pretty fun. We found our way back to the Metro safely and ended the evening at Amphora (a diner).

On Sunday Kristy and I got up, a little later than expected and set out for some wineries, as she'd never really tasted a lot of wines together. We went to Pearmund, Mediterranean, Grey Ghost and Unicorn wineries. It was a blast. We each took home a bottle of wine and she kept all four glasses. So, she's got a good start to a collection of wine glasses at her new house for when we visit ;-)

On Sunday evening, Ryan joined us as we went to La Tasca in Arlington for Tapas, again because she'd never had them before. She loved the food and we had a delightful dinner...except that I saved room for dessert (as if I needed to) and they didn't have what I wanted. So as it turned out - I was good at dinner. We walked around Clarendon for a while and went to Tallulah's, a wine bar I've always wanted to check out and it was worth it...a very cool place, before heading home for the evening. We all turned in a little earlier than the night before as it was an exhausting day.

Today, Ryan had to work, so Kristy and I got up early and went for bagels and coffee, and went to the mall and to Wegmans before she left for Uniontown.

All in all, it was a very tiring, but fun weekend! Here's Kristy before she left this afternoon...










Thanks for visiting, Kris!



No comments: