Monday, February 19, 2007

A Long Weekend

I have been looking forward to this long weekend for weeks now. I decided to take Ryan out on Friday, kind of a surprise, because he planned such a wonderful evening for us on Valentine's Day. So we started the evening at The Laughing Lizard Lounge, a total dive bar in Alexandria. It was recommended by our friend Shawn...and it was exactly what I was hoping for, except the prices were way too high for a dive bar. We had a great time, playing pool and old arcade games (Frogger, PacMan, Donkey Kong and Galaga) and eating food that was really bad for us.

The highlight of the evening for me was when I beat Ryan at a game of pool, which rarely happens. I was nervous because a guy had asked if he could play winner. Of course we said, sure, knowing it would be Ryan because he always beats me. But as it turned out, I had to play against him....and I WON! I was nervous the whole time because I don't really know the rules, but it was great because the guy was very cool and totally helpful. After I beat him, I asked him to take my place in the next game because it was time to move on to the next event of the evening.

I had planned to take Ryan out so we could participate in the Great Guinness Toast, which was scheduled for 11:00pm, but it never happened in either f the two Irish Bars we went to in Old Town. I've always wanted to do participate to kick off the St. Paddy's Day season, but maybe we'll have better luck next year.

On Saturday we looked at some townhouses in the morning and early afternoon, and found two we liked. In the evening, we went to a friend from work's house for the long awaited wine tasting. It was fun, and I'm glad Ryan got to meet everyone I hang out with on the job. We stayed until about 2:00am, so it must have been pretty fun.

Yesterday, we just hung out all day, getting dressed only to drag our lazy butts to church. It is a holy week, so we figured we should start out on the right foot before Ash Wednesday and of course, to avoid confession if at all possible.

Ryan works today, so I'm just hanging out enjoying some peace and quiet. I got cleaned up to run a few errands, and planned to go look at furniture, but I didn't feel like it after all the effort, so after I completed my errands I decided to just relax, read, watch TV and enjoy another lazy day. I can't wait for another holiday...Memorial Day seems light years away :-)

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the cold weather, I know I am!

No comments: