Sunday, February 11, 2007

Tommy & Amy Visit

Our friends, Tommy and Amy Zadeh came to visit this weekend. We haven't seen them since the last tailgate in November. Amy is now about 5 and a half months pregnant with baby Tommy and looks so great...adorable actually.

They arrived late on Friday night and we talked for a bit before heading off to bed. On Saturday morning, we all slept in and had breakfast before heading to the city for the afternoon. We decided to go to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History for a few hours. We visited the dinosaur and fossil rooms, the gems stones and the photography display. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon out of the frigid cold.

We had dinner at a Persian restaurant Tommy chose called Moby Dick's, House of Kabobs. It was very near Dupont Circle on N St. around the 1300 block. The food was very good. Being the unadventurous, picky eater I am, I ordered a Greek-style salad and hummus/pitas. But I tasted some of the rice, yogurt/cucumber dip and Kubideh that Tommy, Amy and Ryan had, and it was really good...the only thing out of the ordinary you really need to like to enjoy it is a lot of lemon. I was impressed with the quality and taste and would definitely eat there again. I may even be more adventurous next time.

We drove home and changed clothes for Shawn and Sandi's Champagne tasting. We headed over to their place a little after 8:00pm. There were 8 sparkling wines and Champagnes for the tasting, and a beautiful spread of foods matched to the wines. The company was very nice and the beverages were great. Each participant brought a bottle of bubbly and a competition for who brought the best one was on. Ryan and I won! We received one of my absolute favorite things...a bottle of ice wine...Jackson-Triggs from the Niagara region to be exact. When I realized it would be the prize, I was really hoping to win it. I am excited to try it, but Ryan says we should hold on to it for a while. Thank you, Shawn and Sandi, for a very nice evening out and a wonderful prize! We had a great time!

Tommy, Amy, Ryan and I left a around 2:00am and didn't get to sleep until around 4:00am because we watched a few home movies of the Gibbens kids. So, we slept in a little again today. Ryan made breakfast burritos and we all went to church. When we returned, I made some lunch for us all before Tommy and Amy headed out around 3:00pm.

Thanks for coming, Tommy and Amy. We love having you and always have a great time! Next time is our turn to make the trip to Philly, so we'll definitely be in touch.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moby Dicks is awesome, we have one in Bethesda that "us girls" eat at often. You should have had the rice, cucumber yogert and meat...thats the best dish! Next time you guys are over, we can go there. Robert hasn't been there yet. And if we do lunch on a Saturday, there is a cool outdoor market right next door.

Erin said...

No one ever shares the good places to eat :-) Tommy had to suggest this place by looking on the Internets. We should definately go there sometime, it is fairly inexpensive and Rob would like it.

Anonymous said...

I'll like it if they have chipped beef!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the good time. Amy and I both enjoyed hanging out with you 2 over the weekend

Ryan said...

Aaaaahhhh, I hope you mean creamed chipped beaf, nothing better, so rare to find...I'm with BJ-no chipped beaf and I'm not going back

Ryan said...

I'm glad someone enjoyed the weekend. I thought it sucked, first I was forced to eat a kabob, and then I had to try 8+ different sparkling wines with unlimited potential for drunkeness...what a terrible weekend! Can't wait to meet your baby!

Anonymous said...

Ryan, are you taking a stab at stand-up comedy? If so, please don't quit your day job! Rob and I don't have enough money to let you and Erin move in.