This past week, Ryan decided to go first to the urgent care on Tuesday, then to his doctor on Thursday for a headache he said he's had for over a week. It scared me a little because Ryan never wants to go to the doctor and I've only heard him complain about aches and pains a few times. So, I was worried.
On Tuesday evening, the urgent care center asked him a lot of questions about his mental state :-) and then said ite was likely just tension headaches. She prescribed him Percacets and told him to get plenty of rest. I never knew they handed those out so freely. The headache didn't go away, but he was in a good mood before crashing that night. So, he made an appointment with his doctor.
It turned out to be muscle spasms in his neck causing the headaches. And his family doctor prescribed muscle relaxants, told him to apply heat and have his wife rub his neck (not sure if the doctor really said that, but I humored him). He took one that evening and has been generally headache free since.
Did you ever wonder why I chose the education field? Check out my method of providing heat (since he can't bare to take time to lay down for a while)...and you'll see I couldn't make it in the medical world! I couldn't stop laughing, so I had to share....but it worked. Ryan didn't feel so well, and didn't find it as amusing as I did..but he doesn't know I posted this, so I wonder if he will find it funny now. Were you able to figure out what in the world is going on there? The blue thing is actually a heating pack for your shoulders. The red thing is a small hot water bottle. Holding it all together is my favorite scarf...inventive, right?
And here's the rear image of the scarf holding the hot water bottle on Ryan's neck.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Ryan's "Headache"
Posted by
Erin
at
6:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Interesting. I have been having the same thing since mid-January. My neck hurt like hell on the left side and a little on the right. I would always get the feeling that was about to get a headache, you know when it just barely starts to hurt. It is better these days, but it is not gone. I am going to my doctor in a couple weeks so we will see...
Post a Comment