Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ouch, my lip!

It's been a long time since I pulled a stupid-Erin trick that really left a mark, but I struck again last night.

See, when I was younger, I had a tendency to do really stupid things (or really stupid things just happened to me) and hurt myself...once I dropped a 10 lb. can of baked beans on my foot and crushed my big toe. Another time, I was at a high school football game (in the band) and was pepper-sprayed and had an allergic reaction and was taken out of the game in an ambulance (only band member ever I do believe). And my absolute favorite was when I tried to jump the fence in college (you had to park on the other side of railroad tracks and are supposed to walk around, I never did, just hopped the 4 ft. fence and crossed the tracks) with shorts on, carrying a backpack. My shorts got stuck on the top of the fence and wouldn't rip, so I dangled, blood dripping down my leg, until I could drop the back pack, screech in pain, and force myself to fall backwards off the fence.

Those are the most interesting, this was much less severe, but always interesting. Ryan and I took my car to have it washed because it was a mess after the move, and I needed to drive to a meeting today and was embarrassed to put anyone in my car. So, they couldn't figure out how to wash my back window but I wasn't leaving until they did...so I was hurrying to take the cover off my trunk (I have a hatchback, so you can just remove the piece that covers the inside of the trunk) and it wouldn't come off, so I pulled as hard as I possibly could and it came off - and smacked me in the mouth. At first I thought it knocked my tooth out. Then I thought it was really bleeding. Ryan laughed at first, thinking I just did something little and dumb like I usually do. Then he stopped laughing when he realized I really did hurt myself this time and when tears rolled down my cheeks. Then it started to really swell pretty quickly and pretty bad. I could feel it getting bigger and bigger. I grabbed a can of soda to put on it and went on about our evening of shopping (looking like my husband popped me in the mouth), but it throbbed for the rest of the night. My teeth are fine, but sore. My gums are a little sore and my lip is a little swollen and busted, but not as bad as I expected it to be. I just can't smile.

When will I learn? How can I stop from doing these stupid things?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just stop upsetting Ryan and he won't pop you one! Just kidding. That stuff sucks. I got a cramp in my leg yesterday morning that hurt so bad that I am still sore. I know it's not the same type of thing, but pain sucks!