This was one of the busiest weekends I've had in a long time:
Friday, Ryan and I stopped to get some house plants at a nursery on the way home from work. I spent the night re-potting while Ryan and Rob hung out at our place. I got to talking to some of the neighbors and sure enough, there were a bunch of kids helping me re-pot the plants before too long. It was fun though, I miss doing stuff like that with kids. While I was working away, the president of the homeowners association came over to ask if Ryan or I would like to be a director on the board for our cluster. Knowing Ryan would likely enjoy that more than I would, I brought him out to talk to the guy. So, as of now, Ryan is one of three directors for our cluster. We'll see if he likes it. I continued working while neighbors passed by and kept talking about my green thumb....little do they know I've yet to keep a plant alive. We'll see how I can do this time. Ryan and Rob seemed to enjoy their guy time and I have to say, this domestic lifestyle isn't so bad. The guys were kind enough to feed me yummy Bratwursts and Sausages later in the evening...I don't usually like sausages, but holy cow were they good! Rob is an excellent chef!
On Saturday, Ryan had to work for most of the day and I drove to Easton, PA to attend Amy Zadeh's Surprise Baby Shower. Her mom, sister and niece made the trip from Florida and some other friends and family traveled for the occasion as well. She was pretty surprised. It was one of the nicest showers I've ever been to; the food was absolutely amazing (Tommy's sister is a fantastic cook), the gifts were sentimental, fun and creative, and it looked to me like they made out pretty well too. They deserve it! It was nice to participate in the event.
After a day of wine tasting for Ryan and my day in the car, we went to another surprise party for our friend Shawn's birthday in Falls Church. It was also a fun time...the company was a great combination of fun folks and I think Shawn was also surprised. Shawn and Sandi have the best parties!
Today, Ryan and I went to the Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester, VA. It was more like a carnival than I expected, but it was a fun outing. We did a wine tasting first with about 5 wineries from the Shenandoah Valley then we headed over to the gigantic craft show. We found a nice bird feeder, a plant holder for outside and some homemade honey. We stopped at the food booths of course then headed home. I took a nap on the way back and that set the tone for me for a lazy evening.
This weekend flew by and I'm not yet ready for Monday morning to come...but I'm looking forward to Friday again...
Sunday, May 6, 2007
To Sum it Up...
Posted by
Erin
at
5:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, thanks! It was nothing. Propane does not take skill, just patience. Especially when you do not have propane on hand. Whoops!
Anyway, it was really cool for me to get to lock up the house on Saturday. Ryan woke me up late (which was nicely brotherly of him). So I got to get myself together and lockup on my way out!
I am truly now a user of the house when you are not there! Yeah!
Post a Comment