Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Transformation, Part One

As many of you know, Ryan and I have big plans to make this house our own. Many of the things we are changing are not huge, but make a tremendous difference in our quality of life (ie. my need for organization is met, so I b*&%# a lot less.) I'm documenting these small changes, and thought I should start sharing them with you all.


It all began even before we had anything painted or even before we moved everything in. I'm realizing it is inconvenient to not have furniture, but it is easy to make messes and clean them up without having furniture in the way, so I think it is a good thing the order is taking so long...

So anyway, the weekend we bought the house (April 21-22) we started the transformation by completing gutting, painting and installing new hardware in the master bedroom closet. This is what it looked like when the old owners were here. Not terrible, just unorganized and a little out dated.





So we completely gutted the thing, and Rob and Ryan worked like dogs to get it done:


And this was the final result...not too shabby, ay? I absolutely love it!




No comments: